Saturday 11 July 2015

Mexes: "I'm proud to were the Milan jersey"

Philippe Mexes, who recently renewed his contract with Milan, says he is "proud to be a Milan player".

"Im very proud to were the Milan jersey. I thank the club, Coach and fans who were very close to me, This makes me even more fired up to wear this jersey. I will always give my all and hopefully, we will do much better than last season," Mexes told MilanChannel.

Mexes wasn't included in Mihajlovic's future plans and was set to leave the San Siro side when president Silvio Berlusconi, reportedly offered Mexes a new contract. Mexes's new contract will last until June, 2016.


“For a player at the end of his contract, seeing the affection of the fans builds confidence. I’ve got a good feeling, you can tell we want to do great things.”