Thursday 30 July 2015

He regrets joining Milan instead of Inter?

According to Goal.com, Alessio Cerci who arrived on a loan-transfer from Atlético Madrid last season, said to Tuttosport that he didn’t like the way he was treated by the team last season.  The Italian international stated that he had many offers in the last January’s transfer window but opted to choose the second most successful team in Europe: AC Milan.

"I made the mistake to trust people. Several clubs wanted me, including Inter, but I eventually picked Milan because they gave me the guarantee that I would play all games,"


Last season, due to bad performances and disagreements with Pippo Inzaghi, Cerci had 9 appearances, scored only 1 goal and made 4 assists. The player was not happy with the situation and his girlfriend, Federica Riccardi, attacked Pippo Inzaghi when she was commentating for RAI's programme "Quelli Che Il Calcio":


“Alessio is in good shape, it makes no sense to introduce him at the end of the match. It’s completely pointless.” She argued.


Now, before the preseason game vs Real Madrid, Cerci said that the promises made by Milan were broken:


"This was never the case in the end. I never played more than two games in a row. There was no rotation and I was substituted more than anyone else. They were not clear to me. I had not been playing much for three to four months and it was obvious that I needed game time and faith. I never got that," Cerci alleged.


Nevertheless, even though Milan brought the top scorer of the Europa League, Carlos Bacca and the second top scorer of the Champions league, Luiz Adriano and (only one goal behind Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar) it's possibly bringing Ibrahimovic back according to Alfredo Pedulla, Cerci is determined to win himself a spot in the initial team of the 2015-2016 season:


"I know that there is stiff competition for places, but I am second to none if I train well. I can challenge any attacker. I feel the confidence of the club now and I am enjoying a fine pre-season. I have great desire and determination." The player stated.


The early declarations of Milan’s forward mentioned tons of times that he refused Inter to join the red and black team of Milano, Is he regretting the move to Milan or he is simply expressing his frustration in order to convince Sinisa to start him up?


Tuttosport claimed that AC Milan is keen by saying that the Italian is not for sale, but after this interview, we will have to wait and see what August will mean to Alessio’s future.




No comments:

Post a Comment